Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: AG 20th anniversary plans?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Two years from now will be the twentieth anniversary of the day the first AG catalogs landed in mailboxes all over the country. I wonder if AG has any special plans to celebrate. They certainly should!

    What would you like to do to celebrate the 20th anniversary? I'd love a new full-fledged historical doll, especially from the 1950s but I'm sure there are lots of other ideas about what would be appropriate. Perhaps if we share them here, someone from AG will notice and even possibly be inspired by one or two.

  2. #2
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar
    What a great idea for them to make a 50's doll!!! This is what I envision ... her name would be Peggy or Patsy and I envision her with green eyes and carrot red hair pulled hign in a ponytail. Or with dark brown hair in a bob.. I see her dressed in either a pink or powder blue sweaterset with tiny pearl buttons, a grey poodle skirt loaded wtih cremlins under it, white panties, white bobbi socks and a black and white saddle shoes! Her accessories would be a class ring on a chain, a black and white polkadot scarf to tie in her hair and a dimpled clutch purse with a nickel that her Granny gave her so she could buy some penny candy or a soda at the malt shop on the way home from school. (Granny always used to spoil her that way.) They could make a HiFi record player for her with a couple lil plastic 45 records!! Oh, that would be just too cute!!! Mattel designers.. are you listening?!?!?! LOL!!!

  3. #3
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    Ooh! Better idea for her necklace.. what about a string of pearls and matching pearl earrings that Granny gave her!! Grandpa bought them when he ws overseas in the war years ago. : )

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would go for a 50's doll in a heartbeat! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Me and a million other ladies my age. [img]wink.gif[/img] The AG Mini's set Lil's Diner was a really cool toy, with all it's 50's diner things. An AG doll from the 50's would have to have life in a diner somehow. Maybe her mom would run the diner downstairs? Oh that would be SUCH a cool story! Life in the diner would always be busy and interesting. And the doll could come with a diner table and little ketchup and mustard and napkin holder. And there would be a jukebox that would play music!

    Julia

  5. #5
    Inactive Member americangirllvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    All these ideas you guys have for a 50s doll are really good! If they wouldn't do a 50s doll I would probably go for one from the 60s. Maybe she could be a hippie. Hippies are cool. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish they'd create an Asian historical doll already! What are they waiting for? lol...I think they should make a girl from San Francisco's Chinatown, and they could make her from the 1920's or 50's (although she wouldn't be a sockhopper from the 50's).

  7. #7
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All the ideas for a 50s doll are so great, how can they not make one? I hope they'll also bring back some favorite retired outfits and maybe even open another AGP, perhaps in Texas or California. Whatever they do, I hope 2006 will be a year of emphasizing the historical dolls since they began AG.

  8. #8
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Smile

    Well everyone knows how much I want a '50's doll from AG, but how about a doll from the 20's to celebrate the 20th Anniversary. The Flapper years actually only took place from around 1924-1927, but it would fit into the '-4 that AG uses. This might be really neat to show how things were right before the Depression and Kit's time. The 20's was a fun, vibrant time and would fit in with the celebration of their 20th Anniversary.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 21, 2004 11:01 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member americangirllvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, doing the 20s is probably a good idea. Gosh, there's so many great ideas that they could use!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member glittergirl08's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A 50's or asian historical doll would be great. But I am so hoping for an Indian doll (not like Kaya). Like a girl from India, I mean. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •